Saturday, September 24, 2005

Brasso repairs scratched CDs!

Oh boy! I've just tried this and it works brilliantly. Yay for Brasso!

I had a CD that just wouldn't read on any player. I was trying to load it into itunes to preserve it for posterity, but it wouldn't play. It had some nasty scratches and one monster zigzaggy gouge. Damn! It's a classic psytrance CD that's not available anymore - lots of great tunes lost forever! Ruined, I thought... Not so!

I searched the net and found this (quite scientific) comparison of CD repair kits and other household cleaners...CDR Repair Kits from Burning Issues: Tips and Tricks for CDR / CDRW Writing Brasso comes out tops.

Folks have tried everything in desperation: vaseline, hair conditioner, toothpaste, mud - all listed on this site of other CD repair suggestions

But Brasso really does work. Here's another site recommending Brasso for scratched CDs

My gouged and scratched CD came out gleaming with not a scratch on it. I couldn't believe it! I'm now listening to all those classic tunes I thought I'd lost forever! Thank you Brasso! Mmmwwwwah!

Woohoo!



Cost of the War in Iraq so far
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Organism Intended for Nocturnal Galactic Observation

How long could you survive in the vacuum of space?