Monday, September 19, 2005

Google Earth

I wish I'd never found this. I can't stop playing with it. It's beyond description. Just download it (free), install it and type in a location. Whoooosh! Off you fly to... anywhere in the world. It's satellite photos, with roadmap overlays, business info and more. Ridiculously clever. Very pretty. Fascinating. Google Earth - Home

I've done a nostalgia trip back home and to school. I've seen the Pyramids (better by satellite than Angkor and Machu Picchu). I've checked out a few North Korean airbases (just keeping an eye on them, you know). Sugar loaf mountain in Rio. The glaciers in Iceland and the Himalayas are cool if you change the elevation so you see the 3D terrain. Ooooh! What a glorious time-waster!



Cost of the War in Iraq so far
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Organism Intended for Nocturnal Galactic Observation

How long could you survive in the vacuum of space?